This is a recipe for Paleo Tomato Soup, but this is not your regular old canned soup variation. This is a soup recipe with a ton of flavor and kick!
This soup is particularly dear to my heart because the recipe in its original form was shared with me by one of my very good friends. She made it and shared it with me and then lost the recipe, then I share it with her, and I think we went back and forth like that a FEW times. I’ve since lost the recipe, but it’s pretty easy to remember and at least get it pretty darn close to the original. This is my version!
I hope you enjoy this and share it with a friend! It is a perfect winter and fall paleo recipe. It’s also fine for the Whole30 or 21 Day sugar detox which many of you may be doing currently!
ROASTED GARLIC TOMATO SOUP
- 1 lb tomatoes 6-8 large tomatoes
- 1 head of garlic
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup bone broth
- 1/8 – 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare the tomatoes by cutting the top off of each one, and placing them top-up in a glass baking pan. Then slice the top of the garlic head off, exposing some of the tops of the cloves. Place all in the pan. Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- Roast in the oven for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool until you are able to touch the tomatoes. Skin the skin of the tomatoes and peel and discard them. Squeeze the garlic out of the peel and discard that as well.
- Add the broth and puree using an immersion blender or regular blender.
- Garnish with your favorite paleo or gluten-free crackers like I did in these images.