Hey there, lovely people! 💕 Welcome back to my blog, Life with Jeviko. Today, we’re diving into the realm of desserts, specifically, cream cheese squares that are to die for. I promise, this creamy, cinnamon-sprinkled delight is going to steal the spotlight at your next potluck or family gathering. And why not? It’s simple to make and oh-so-delicious.
Is it possible to create a dessert that combines the flakiness of a pastry with the richness of cream cheese?
Absolutely, and that’s where Cream Cheese Squares come in!
Wondering why you should give this recipe a try? Well, besides being the perfect go-to treat when you’re craving something sweet and decadent, these cream cheese squares come with layers of flaky crescent rolls that make every bite irresistibly rich. Plus, the smooth cream cheese paired with a dash of cinnamon is a match made in heaven.
Are they difficult to make?
Not at all! This recipe is as straightforward as it gets, perfect for both baking newbies and seasoned pros.
Can I make them ahead of time?
Yes, they’re a fantastic make-ahead dessert, especially if you want to wow your guests without spending all day in the kitchen.
Why should I choose Cream Cheese Squares over other desserts?
Imagine biting into a treat that offers a mouthful of buttery, flaky pastry on the top and bottom, with a lush layer of sweetened cream cheese in the middle. Now, sprinkle some cinnamon magic on top, and voilà! It’s a dessert that gives you multiple delightful textures and flavors in one single bite.
Still not convinced? Stick around as we delve into this step-by-step guide to making these heavenly Cream Cheese Squares. You won’t regret it, I promise! 🌟
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
Total Time: 40-45 minutes
- Two 8-ounce tubes of crescent roll dough
- Two 8-ounce blocks of cream cheese, softened
- 1 and 1/4 cups of white sugar
- A teaspoon of vanilla essence
- A 1/2 cup stick of melted butter
- A teaspoon of ground cinnamon spice
- Warm Up the Oven: Get things started by setting your oven to 375°F. As it’s heating, take some time to grease and flour a 9×13-inch pan. This will make your life a breeze when you’re trying to get those delicious squares out of the pan later.
- Lay the Foundation: Unpack a tube of crescent roll dough and lay it out in the greased pan. Make sure you press down on the seams to form a smooth, united layer. You don’t want any escape routes for that glorious cream cheese!
- Whip It Good: In a bowl of moderate size, whip together your softened cream cheese, 1 cup of the sugar, and the vanilla until the mixture becomes irresistibly smooth. Softened cream cheese is the key to achieving this velvety texture.
- Spread the Creamy Goodness: Evenly distribute your newly whipped cream cheese mix over the layer of crescent roll dough in the pan. Make it as even as you can to ensure every bite is a trip to paradise.
- Cap It Off: Roll out the second tube of crescent roll dough and gently place it atop the cream cheese layer. No need to press down—let it just sit there comfortably.
- A Butter Cascade: Take your half cup of melted butter and drizzle it uniformly over the top dough layer. This is your ticket to that irresistible, buttery crunch.
- Sweet and Spicy Sprinkle: In a petite bowl, combine the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar with the cinnamon. Sprinkle this heavenly mixture over the entire surface for a touch of warmth and sweetness.
- Into the Furnace: Place your masterpiece into your preheated oven and bake for a span of 25-30 minutes. Your cue to take it out is when the top turns a golden shade of awesome.
- The Waiting Game: Let the dish settle down and cool completely. Only then should you proceed to cut them into individual squares. Cooling ensures that your squares hold their shape and texture, making each piece a little square of joy.
- Softened Cream Cheese: For the smoothest filling, make sure your cream cheese is softened before mixing.
- Seal the Dough: Press down the perforations in the crescent roll dough to create a seamless layer, which helps to contain the cream cheese filling.
- Even Spreading: Aim for a uniform layer of cream cheese mixture to ensure a consistent flavor and texture in every bite.
- Don’t Press the Top Layer: Lay the second can of crescent roll dough gently over the filling without pressing down.
- Melted Butter: Pouring melted butter over the top layer gives the squares a rich, buttery crunch.
- Cinnamon-Sugar Blend: A sprinkle of mixed cinnamon and sugar adds a warming, sweet-spiced kick to the dessert.
- Baking Time: Keep an eye on the oven, and pull the squares out when they turn a lovely golden brown.
- Cool Completely: Patience is key; allow the squares to fully cool for cleaner, neater cuts.