Pecan pie cookies are our take over the large pecan pie into small cookies. These small cookies taste just like pecan pie because of the flaky buttery crust and the creamy crunchy caramel pecan filling. They are perfect for any gathering and do not take that much of the time in the kitchen like pecan pie. It is sweet, a little salty, and so nutty that you might end up eating a lot of them. Indeed, a perfect cookie idea that will fulfill your pecan pie cravings!
Pro Tips for baking Pecan Pie Cookies to Perfection
- Make sure your pie crust is cold; otherwise, you will have a hard time handling it, especially when folding the edges. The warmth of the fingertips will also warm up the pie crust, so be careful.
- Always line the baking tray with parchment paper since the pecan filling might bubble and overflows, sticking to the baking tray.
- If you have cooked the pecan filling for too long, add ½ tbsp of corn syrup at a time until you get the pudding-like consistency.
- You can also use pre-made chocolate frosting to dress the cookies the way you like them.
How to store the Pecan Pie Cookies?
You can store the pecan pie cookies in an air-tight container for a day at the kitchen counter at moderate temperature and 2 days in the refrigerator. You can also make the pecan cookie filling in advance and store it in an air-tight container for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator.
Pecan Pie Cookies – The Recipe
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 8 to 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- ½ cup Pecan, chopped
- 1 roll Store-bought pre-made pie crust
- 2 ½ tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 3 tbsp Brown sugar
- 3 tbsp Corn syrup
- 1 tbsp White sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- A pinch of salt
- mini semi-sweet chocolate chips for garnish
- Start with preheating the oven at 400-degrees F.
- Prepare a baking tray by lining it with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Now in a saucepan, combine together pecans, butter, brown sugar, white sugar, corn syrup, eggs, cinnamon, and salt.
- Place the saucepan on low to medium heat and cook the mixture while starting constantly. Cook the mixture until it thickens like a pudding consistency.
- Now remove from the heat and set aside to cool completely at room temperature.
- Unroll the store-bought pre-made pie crust.
- Cut the pie crust into 2 to 3 inches circles with the help of a cookie cutter. You will have around 12 to 14 circles.
- Now gently fold the edges of the pie circle in around 1/8 inches.
- Gently place the pie circles over the lined baking tray.
- Fill the pie circles with 2/3 tbsp of the butter pecan mixture.
- Bake them for 6 to 8 minutes until the filling is settled in and the edges of the crust are browned.
- Remove the tray from the oven, and sprinkle chocolate chips.
- Let them cool over a wire rack, then serve.