Did you know that we can make an infinite number of desserts with the famous Oreo cookies? We have the possibility of preparing Oreo cupcakes, ice cream, chocolates, milkshakes, brownies and, of course, a cake!
In this recipe from Jeviko we present a straightforward way to make cheesecake and Oreo cookies, with ingredients that we can all have in our pantry and, best of all, without using the oven! Read on and find out how to make Oreo cake easily.
For the base:
- 24 units of Oreo Cookies without the cream.
- 40 grams of butter
For the filling:
- Cream from the oreo cookies in the base and topping
- 60 grams of sugar
- 250 millilitres of whipping cream (1¼ cups)
- 250 grams of Philadelphia type spreadable cheese
- 100 millilitres of milk
- 3 sheets of unflavored gelatin
For the topping:
- 4 units of Oreo cookies without cream
- Once all the ingredients are ready, we will start with the base of the Oreo cake. To do this, remove the cream from the cookies and reserve it for later. Crush the cookies with a blender or mixer. If you do not have them, you can do it manually with the help of a mortar.
- Now, melt the butter in the microwave and mix it with the crushed Oreos. You can use a spoon. You will have to mix until you get a compact paste. Then, take an Oreo cake pan and spread the mixture in it. This will be the base. Use the same spoon to flatten the dough well. If you wish, you can cover the mould with baking paper to remove the cake more quickly once it is finished. Place the mould in the refrigerator.
- Now it is the turn of the topping. We make it before the filling because we will need the cookie cream. So, remove the cream from the Oreos, set them aside, and crush the cookies well until they turn into powder. Save them for the end.
- Now let’s prepare the filling for the homemade Oreo cake. Take a saucepan and pour in it all the ingredients except the gelatin sheets. Do not forget the cookie cream. You should heat it over medium heat and stir it from time to time. The mixture should not come to a boil, so lower the heat a little if necessary.
- While the filling ingredients are dissolving, prepare the gelatin. If you have powdered gelatine, you can add a spoonful directly into the saucepan. Take a bowl, fill it with cold water and introduce one of the sheets. Leave it for 10 minutes to hydrate and, after this time, add it to the filling mixture. Do the same with the other two slices.
- The filling may take about 20-30 minutes to cook. When all the ingredients have dissolved, remove the saucepan from the heat and let it cool. When it has cooled a little, pour the filling into the mould where you have the Oreo cookie base and put it back in the refrigerator. You will have to leave it for at least three hours for it to set well.
- Once the Oreo cake is set, sprinkle with the crushed cookies you prepared in step 3, remove from the mould and serve. These amounts will yield eight medium-sized portions. If you want to schedule a cake for more people, you should double the quantities. If you like homemade cakes, don’t miss our recipes for chocolate cheesecake or original Sacher cake.