These eye-popping spuds make crispy roasted potatoes that are as fun to eat as fries–but are healthier. Spear a chunk of potato with your fork, swirl it in the wading pool of ketchup on the side of your plate, and you’re in comfort-food heaven. These days, you can find almost any size and shape of potato to suit your imagination and your recipe.
Serve Mixed Crispy Roasted Potatoes with Honey-Orange Chipotle Tofu for a vegan or vegetarian meal. jeviko and seafood lovers can serve this side with Corona Beer-Battered Fish Tacos. Try Mexican-inspired flavors like chili, paprika, Mexican oregano, a bit of cumin, and coriander. Vary the spices for other flavor themes (i.e., Indian or Middle Eastern). These small spuds are spectacular in salads as well. The next time you’re in the produce aisle, look for multi-hued fingerling potatoes and plan to make and serve Mixed Crispy Roasted Potatoes at your next meal.
- 3 pounds of mixed fingerling potatoes (see list above), cleaned & cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt or coarse sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 11/2 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spread potatoes large baking sheet (you may need two baking sheets). Sprinkle with salt, cracked pepper, cumin powder, coriander, and chili powder.
- You were using your hands or a silicon spatula to mix potatoes with the oil and spices.
- Roast potatoes in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until crispy and slightly browned. Sprinkle with Mexican oregano and serve.