Did I have you at margarita?? This simple, super juicy chicken was so easy to put together, it could even work for a weeknight meal. I served it with black beans with grated carrot and a little salsa. You could also add tortillas for a quick Mexican meal. Don’t forget the margaritas, the perfect match!
I loved it right away because of the few ingredients required. I had the frozen margarita mix in my freezer already so it was an easy choice. However, I didn’t have the spice mix she used, so I substituted a favorite spice from my kitchen, Cavender’s seasoning blend. Another substitution I made was spiced rum for the tequila, just because that happened to be the alcohol I had on hand. I would love to try this with tequila, but the rum was also excellent.
This was so delicious and simple. The chicken had a sweet, lime flavor. Try it, I think you’ll be glad you did.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 can (10 oz) frozen margarita mix
- 1/2 cup dark rum or tequila
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite chicken seasoning
- Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients. Put the chicken and the marinade in a large plastic zip-top bag. Seal and let marinate for an hour or two.
- Let the chicken sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before grilling.
- Heat the grill to medium and oil the grates when ready to begin. I also brushed the chicken pieces with a little olive oil just before grilling.
- Cook on the grill, 5 to 6 minutes on each side. Do not turn the chicken too fast or it will stick to the grill.
- If you prefer to cook indoors: Preheat over to 350 degrees. Prepare chicken same as above. Place in pan and bake for approximately 30 minutes.