Homemade Lasagna is straightforward to make, it does take time, but you have to be patient. The recipe is that of the classic Lasagna, which, although it will take you some time, the procedures are elementary to carry out, so do not hesitate and get to work with this meat lasagna recipe.
- Three hundred milliliters of Bechamel sauce.
- 12 sheets of Lasagna Pasta
- 1 kilogram of minced meat (half pork and half beef)
- 1 unit of onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 400 grams of crushed tomato
- 100 gram fried tomato (about 5 or 6 tablespoons)
- five tablespoons of Olive Oil (about 50 ml)
- 50 grams of grated cheese
- 1 piece of Butter to spread on the dish
- 2 liters of water
- 1 dash of salt & black ground pepper
- Start by chopping the onion and garlic finely, then, in a pan with hot oil over medium heat, make a stir-fry with these two ingredients. Sauté until everything starts to become transparent. If the onion or garlic begins to brown, add a little water and stir well.
- Then add the meat to the pan and stir well so that all the meat is cooked evenly. The cooking time will be about 20-30 minutes.
- After this time, add the crushed tomato, fried tomato and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well and raise the flame to high heat to cook the whole for about 5 minutes more. The idea is to concentrate on the tomato.
- When you see that the meat is ready, taste the seasoning and correct it if necessary. Set aside the heart for the lasagna filling.
- With the meat ready, you can start cooking the pasta sheets. To do this, heat enough water with a pinch of salt and follow the manufacturer’s instructions. Usually, about 8 minutes of cooking time is enough.
- If you want to skip this step, you can get pre-cooked lasagna sheets.
- To assemble the meat lasagna, grease a baking dish with Butter and place a layer of pasta on the base. Then place a layer of the meat filling and finish with a portion of béchamel sauce.
- If you want to make this white sauce homemade, here is the recipe for bechamel sauce for Lasagna.
- Repeat the procedure until you finish with the ingredients. The result should be about three layers of pasta and meat. Finish the lasagna with a layer of pasta, bechamel sauce on top, and finally, a thick layer of cheese.
- Cook the homemade Lasagna in the oven at 180ºC and with the grill on until the cheese gratinates. Once ready, remove from the oven and let it rest for about 10 minutes so that when cutting the portions, the Lasagna does not fall apart.
- Serve the homemade meat lasagna and accompany with some country bread and a traditional Caesar salad. Enjoy!