Crispy Honey Garlic Chicken is simple, quick, with a perfect balance of sweet and sour. This dish is loaded with flavors from the crispy chicken and the rich sauce. Make it on both weekdays and weekends and enjoy a simple yet tasteful meal.
Tips for making Crispy Honey Garlic Chicken
Here are a few points to remember when making Crispy Honey Garlic Chicken:
- You can use both chicken breast meat and chicken thigh meat for this recipe as long as it is boneless. Chicken thigh meat cooks a bit faster and juicer.
- To make the chicken ultra-crispy, you can use breadcrumbs and coat the chicken with it as well.
- Although frying chicken is quick, it means a lot of oil. So, you can cut some oil by baking or air frying the chicken.
- You can add more spices to this dish and make it more flavorsome and spicy.
What to serve Crispy Honey Garlic Chicken with?
Here are a few simple ideas you can use to serve this dish:
- Rice: Crispy Honey Garlic Chicken is simply perfect with cooked rice. Whether it is white rice or brown rice, it is the perfect combination.
- Noodles: You can also serve it with noodles. Whether it is rice noodles or egg noodles, the combination is very good.
- Mashed potatoes: Serve with a dish with creamy mashed potatoes, and you won’t regret a thing.
- Crispy Honey Garlic Chicken: The recipe
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- For the chicken:
- 500g boneless chicken, diced
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp grounded black pepper
- ¾ tsp garlic powder
- Salt, to taste
- Vegetable oil for frying
- For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp garlic, minced
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp green onions for garnish
- In a large bowl, crack eggs. Beat them and set them aside.
- In a shallow dish, add all-purpose flour, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt. Mix well.
- Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan or skillet.
- Dip boneless chicken piece first in all-purpose flour, then in egg wash, and back in the all-purpose flour mixture.
- Place it in hot oil and cook it for 3 minutes or until it is cooked through and the chicken gets a golden color. Take it out of the oil and onto a kitchen towel or a drying rack.
- In a saucepan, heat sesame oil. Sauté minced garlic for a few seconds.
- Take the saucepan off the heat, and pour soy sauce, red pepper flakes, and honey. Mix well and place the saucepan back on the heat.
- In a bowl, mix corn starch and water.
- Once the sauce starts to simmer, pour cornstarch slurry and mix well.
- Let it simmer until the sauce starts to thicken up.
- Place the chicken on a serving plate and pour the sauce on top. Garnish it with freshly chopped green onions and enjoy!