Hello there, lovely readers Today, I’m diving deep into my treasure chest of family recipes to share with you an all-time classic. And trust me, just one bite of this Peach Cobbler Pie, and you’ll feel all wrapped up in a comforting, warm hug. Dive in to discover why this pie has a special place in my heart.
Why should you make this pie? 🍑
Remember those heartwarming stories from grandma? This dish is like one of those tales – but in the form of a pie. Its sweet aroma will fill your home with nostalgic memories. Plus, peaches are rich in vitamins and give this pie a juicy, tangy twist that’s hard to resist.
Why the lemon juice?
It elevates the peach flavor, making it more vibrant.
Can I skip the cinnamon?
Absolutely, but it does add a cozy, spicy touch.
Why add lemon juice to the mix?
Lemon brightens the peach flavor, making every bite pop!
I’m not a fan of cinnamon. Can I leave it out?
Of course! Though it adds warmth, your pie will still be delightful without it.
Fresh or frozen peaches – which is better?
Fresh is fabulous, but frozen works too! Just ensure you thaw and drain them well.
Any tips for the perfect crumble?
Cold butter is key. It results in that irresistible flaky texture.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40-45 minutes
Total Time: 55-60 minutes
- Fruity Filling:
- 6-8 sun-kissed peaches (5-6 cups after their transformation)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- A touch of vanilla essence (1/2 tsp)
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Optional: A dash of cinnamon (1/2 tsp)
- Golden Crust:
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 tablespoons of cold, unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup hot water
- For that Radiant Finish:
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- A pinch of cinnamon (1/4 tsp)
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- For the filling, mix 6-8 sliced peaches with 1 cup sugar, 1/4 cup flour, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1 tsp lemon juice, and optionally, 1/2 tsp cinnamon in a large bowl. Transfer to a 9×13-inch dish.
- For the topping, combine 1 cup flour, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 tsp baking powder, and 1/2 tsp salt. Cut in 6 tbsp cold butter until the mix resembles coarse sand. Add 1/4 cup hot water and stir till combined.
- Spread topping over peaches and sprinkle with 3 tbsp sugar and 1/4 tsp cinnamon.
- Bake 40-45 minutes until golden. Cool briefly before serving. Add a scoop of ice cream if desired.
Cooking tips :
- Choose ripe, juicy peaches for the best flavor.
- Cold butter is key for achieving a flaky crust.
- Baking Wisdom:
- Resist the urge to frequently open the oven; it disrupts consistent heat.
- Turn your dish halfway through baking to ensure even browning.
- Serving Suggestions:
- Allow the cobbler to rest briefly post-baking to help the juices meld.
- Elevate your dish with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of fresh whipped cream.