It would help if you made these epic beef nachos supreme for your entire family to enjoy. The flavor combination of refried beans, cheese, tomatoes, green onions, and seasoned ground beef is fantastic. These nachos may be inspired from your teenage days of frequenting Taco Bell, and if your go-to order was and maybe still the beef nachos supreme.
This recipe is the advanced version of that same recipe. The taste and quality are far better and superior with almost the same familiar combination of flavors.
To begin, you’ll first need a sound, sturdy tortilla chip. There will be none of the crispy and thin ones. You will also need something that can withstand these epic toppings. The Costco Kirkland brand of organic tortilla chips is always a favorite. That is what we are showing you here. You can use any of the brands you want, but make sure they’re sturdy. You should also line a baking sheet with some parchment paper, sprinkle it with a generous layer of the chips, and then begin to layer your ingredients on top.
- Some taco seasoning.
- 1 pound of ground beef
- Half a yellow and diced onion
- 2 bags of tortilla chips
- 1 can of refried beans
- 16 ounces of your chosen shredded cheese
- 3 diced Roma tomatoes
- 2 to 3 green sliced onions
- Start by preheating the oven to 400°
- In the meantime, get the ground beef browned and dice your onions in a skillet over medium heat until they are thoroughly cooked.
- Return your beef to your pan and top it with some taco seasoning.
- Stir everything in a ¾ cup of water, bring it to simmer, then reduce to low heat and continue to cook until the liquid has evaporated chiefly about 5 minutes.
- While your beef is getting cooked, spread a thick layer of chips across the two baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Half of the refried beans should be placed on each pan. These are thick, but we recommend spooning them on top of the chips. (As the oven is heating up, the spoonfuls will spread out nicely).
- Half of your ground beef should be added to each of the chips pans.
- Get your shredded cheese sprinkled on the top.
- Get it to bake for about 15 minutes at 400°.
- Please remove it from your oven and top it with green onions and diced tomatoes.
- You can now serve it and enjoy it!
- Make sure to check to see if your tortilla chips are thick enough and sturdy. Do not make slender ones. We recommend using the Kirkland organic tortilla chips from Costco or any similar brand. This recipe was created to entertain in mind. If you’re making it for a relatively more minor crowd, we believe that half of the formula would be sufficient. To adjust all the measurements, change the number of servings on your recipe card.