The delicious cinnamon rolls have existed since the 1920s, although at that time, it was a dessert for wealthy people because of the high cost of its ingredients. Nowadays, this classic Christmas dessert is consumed worldwide, and its preparation, although laborious, is quite simple. Do not be scared by the number of steps and prepare the authentic cinnamon rolls, with its unique filling of intense cinnamon and its sweet glaze.
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- ½ cup Butter (112½ grams)
- ¾ cup warm milk
- ½ cup of sugar (100 grams)
- 1 egg unit
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 4½ cups of FlourFlour (630 grams)
- 2 dessertspoonfuls of yeast
- ½ cup of butter (112½ grams)
- 1¼ cups brown sugar (225 grams)
- ¼ cup Sugar (50 grams)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
- ½ kilogram of Icing Sugar
- 3 tablespoons of Milk
- 3 drops of vanilla extract or butter
- To make the cinnamon rolls, typical of Christmas, the first step will be to dissolve the tablespoon of sugar and the yeast in the warm water. Mix well until everything is completely dissolved and stand for about 10 minutes.
- Separately, mix the butter with the warm milk. Melt the butter beforehand and make sure the milk is not too hot. Add the yeast mixture and mix with a mixer when the butter and milk are fully integrated.
- When you have a uniform mixture, add 1/2 cup of sugar and the egg while beating. Use a medium-low speed so that the ingredients are delicately integrated.
- To continue with the cinnamon roll dough, add the salt and the two cups of FlourFlour. Please continue with the mixer on low speed and incorporate the FlourFlour slowly, half a cup first until it is well mixed, and so on until everything is finished.
- Spread the dough on a flat floured surface and knead until it is no longer sticky. It would help if you got a smooth and firm dough. Place the ready cinnamon roll dough in a previously greased mold and let it rest covered with a damp cloth for about 45 minutes.
- After these minutes, the dough should have doubled its volume, then returned it to the floured surface and extended the dough, making a rectangle of about 30×60 centimeters approximately. The dough of the cinnamon rolls should not be too thin.
- Next, spread the filling ingredients over the dough. First, the slightly melted butter, then the brown sugar, then the white sugar, and finally the cinnamon. The filling quantities can vary according to taste, and you can also include a little chocolate.
- Finally, roll the dough slightly tightly and form a cylinder or log. Next, cut rounds of about 4 centimeters wide, you should get about 30, but this may vary depending on the thickness you want to give the cinnamon rolls.
- Arrange the cinnamon rolls on a tray or in a container and let them rest covered with a cloth for about half an hour to rise. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180º.
- To cook the cinnamon rolls, do not put them in the oven all at once, but cook them 10 times. Place the rolls in the center of a greased baking pan and bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand until they come to room temperature.
- Mix the powdered sugar with the milk and vanilla extract or butter to make the glaze. Change the amount of milk to make the cinnamon roll icing more or less creamy. Decorate each roll with this cream, garnishing with vertical strips or a spoonful in the center, let stand harden, and enjoy.
- Cinnamon rolls are a perfect dish to decorate dessert tables at Christmas and New Year’s and enjoy with friends and family.