Effortless and quick preparation for a very moist and fragrant cake.
- 150 g of flour
- 130 g of powdered sugar
- 1/2 sachet of baking powder
- 2 level teaspoons of cinnamon powder
- 3 eggs
- 130 g melted butter
- 2 apples
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 3 tablespoons of rum
- 50 g slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 180°C . Butter and flour a 26 cm cake tin. Gently melt the butter in a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Mix the flour, cinnamon, sugar and yeast (and a pinch of salt if the butter is soft). Mix in the eggs one at a time and then the melted butter.
- In a frying pan, without fat, lightly toast the slivered almonds. Be careful: stir and observe because they burn very quickly.
- Peel the apples cut them into quarters, and remove the core and seeds. Cut the apple quarters into small cubes of about 1 cm. Add them to the dough along with the toasted almonds and the raisins soaked in rum and three spoonfuls of the soaking “juice.”
Pour the mixture into the pan and bake for about 30 minutes. Check the cooking by pricking the heart of the cake with a blade: if it comes out dry, it is cooked.