Hello to all the wonderful folks visiting “Life with Jeviko”! 🍓 Do you remember those summertime moments when the smell of strawberries filled the air? Well, I’ve got something special for you today – an irresistibly refreshing strawberry pie that’ll transport you back to those cherished memories. It’s a simple, delightful recipe, which I have always believed to be a summer staple in every kitchen.
Ever wonder what makes a dish truly memorable? It’s the love, stories, and the little secrets behind every ingredient and step. So, let’s dive deep into this mouthwatering journey.
Why You Must Try This Dish:
This Strawberry Delight Pie is not just a dessert, it’s an experience. Every bite is a blend of crunchy crust, juicy strawberries, and a glossy glaze that dances on your tongue. It’s summer served on a plate!
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 04h35min
- 1 pie crust (9-inch) – ready to bake (because sometimes, it’s okay to take shortcuts in the kitchen!)
- 4 cups strawberries, fresh and vibrant, thinly sliced (because the best pies start with the best berries)
- 1 1/2 cups water (the foundation of our glaze)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (to bring the sweet to our strawberries)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (our magical thickening agent)
- 3 ounces strawberry gelatin (for that punch of strawberry flavor and glaze texture)
- Whipped cream (optional, but highly recommended for a fluffy finishing touch!)
- Let’s Begin with the Base: First, preheat your oven to a toasty 425°F. Place the pie crust in a pie dish and bake as directed on the package. This forms the golden, crispy foundation of our pie.
- Create the Perfect Glaze: In your favorite saucepan, whisk together water, sugar, and cornstarch. Heat this concoction over medium flame. Stir continuously until it becomes a thick, clear syrup. Your patience will pay off, I promise!
- Infuse the Flavor: With your pan off the heat, blend in the strawberry gelatin. Stir until it’s entirely dissolved. This step is like giving your pie an extra burst of strawberry goodness.
- Layering Time: Spread your freshly sliced strawberries evenly over the baked pie crust. Pour your strawberry glaze over these slices, ensuring they’re all generously covered.
- Patiently Wait: Refrigerate your pie for a minimum of 4 hours. This is the hardest step because waiting is a challenge with such tempting aromas around! But it ensures our pie sets perfectly.
- Serve in Style: Once set, slice your pie and top each piece with a dollop of whipped cream. Dive in and relish the taste of summer!
- Source the juiciest strawberries from your local farmer’s market – it’s all about the berry freshness!
- Feeling adventurous? Mix in a handful of blueberries or raspberries for a fruity twist.
- A sprig of fresh mint on top can add color and a burst of freshness.