Bread pudding is probably the easiest sweet recipe to prepare. Apart from helping us to reduce food waste at home, it is interesting for its versatility: it can be prepared with bread or pastries and you can add fresh or dried fruits, nuts, chocolate, cocoa, cinnamon, or grated coconut, among other things. This version below is made with banana and biscuits, but they could be perfectly substituted with bread or pastries from the previous day.
- 160 g of biscuits
- 2 bananas
- 300 ml milk
- 3 eggs
- 25 g sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
How to make the banana pudding:
- Heat the oven to 170 ºC. Butter or line with parchment paper a rectangular mold of approximately 18 x 25 cm. Break the biscuits with your hands into pieces not too small and put them in a bowl.
- Add the milk, the beaten eggs, the vanilla, and the sugar to the biscuits.
- Peel the bananas and cut them into slices. Put them in a bowl and mash them lightly with a fork. To give a little texture to the pudding it is convenient to leave some pieces less mashed than others.
- Add the bananas to the previous mixture and integrate everything well.
- Pour the mixture into the mold and bake for 30 minutes or until the surface is golden brown.
- It can be served warm or cold, alone or with ice cream, nuts, or Greek yogurt.
- Easy preparation summary
- Preheat oven to 170 ºC. Butter or line a rectangular baking pan of approximately 18 x 25 cm.
- Break the biscuits with your hands and put them in a bowl.
- Add the beaten eggs, milk, vanilla, and sugar.
- Peel the bananas cut them into slices and mash them lightly with a fork.
- Add the bananas to the previous mixture
- Pour the mixture into the pan and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.