Hello to all my wonderful readers out there! Jeviko from “Life with Jeviko” here, bringing you a delightful twist on an Italian classic that’s perfect for the chilly days ahead. Ever thought about pairing the coziness of cinnamon apples with the texture of lasagna? Today’s your lucky day! Imagine the comforting aroma of baked apples and cinnamon mingling with the rich, creamy textures of a lasagna roll, and you’ve got our treat for today. Dive in as we embark on this culinary adventure!
Why should you try the Apple Cinnamon Lasagna Roll?
- Unique Fusion: Who ever said pasta is just for savory? This dish breaks the boundaries.
- Perfect for Fall: There’s nothing like the comforting taste of apples and cinnamon to welcome the season.
- Impress Your Guests: This will surely be a conversation starter at any gathering.
- A Dessert and a Meal: It’s fulfilling like a meal but sweet like a dessert.
- Love at First Bite: You’ll experience layers of flavors and textures that’ll have you coming back for seconds.
Is this a dessert or a main dish?
It’s a delightful fusion! While it leans more towards dessert, it’s hearty enough to be a main course for those who adore sweet dinners.
Can I use any apple variety?
Absolutely! But for the best flavor, go for tart apples like Granny Smith.
How do I store any leftovers?
Store them in an airtight container in the fridge. They taste just as delightful when reheated!
What’s the secret to a perfect roll?
Patience and gentle handling! Ensure your lasagna noodles are cooked al dente to prevent tearing.
Can I add nuts or other fruits?
Of course! Pecans or walnuts would add a lovely crunch, and cranberries could bring a tangy twist.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 8 lasagna noodles, cooked al dente
- 3 cups of peeled and diced Granny Smith apples (about 3-4 apples)
- 1/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 1.5 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 2 cups of ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup of confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- Apple Filling: In a medium saucepan, combine your diced apples, granulated sugar, and 1 tsp of cinnamon. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the apples are tender and syrupy. This not only intensifies the apple flavor but also brings that warm, autumnal aroma we all crave.
- Ricotta Mixture: In a separate bowl, mix ricotta cheese, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla extract, 1/2 tsp of cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. This creamy mixture balances the tartness of the apples and adds a luxurious texture.
- Assembly Time: Lay out your cooked lasagna noodles flat. Spread an even layer of the ricotta mixture on each noodle. Then, layer your apple mixture on top. Roll each noodle gently but firmly. Remember, it’s a labor of love!
- Baking: Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Place your lasagna rolls seam side down in a baking dish. Bake for about 25-30 minutes, until the tops are slightly golden. The heat will meld the flavors, creating a symphony of sweet and creamy notes.
- Serve and Enjoy: Allow the rolls to cool for a few minutes. Serve them warm, perhaps with a sprinkle of confectioners’ sugar or a drizzle of caramel sauce. Dive into the layers of creamy, fruity goodness!
- Pasta Perfect: Always salt your pasta water. It enhances the flavor of the noodles.
- Apple Varieties: Experiment with different apple types to find your perfect sweetness level.
- Texture Trick: For added texture, mix in some chopped toasted pecans with the apple filling.
- Sweetness Scale: Adjust the sugar according to your preference. Some like it sweeter, some like it tarter.
- Serve with Style: A scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side elevates this dish to a whole new level.
- Storage Secret: If storing, leave out any toppings or extra sauces. Add them fresh when you reheat and serve.