Taco Tater Tot Casserole is a quick, easy and very tasteful dish. It is made with simple ingredients like tater tots, ground beef, corn, soup and cheese. This casserole is a perfect choice for Sunday brunch, lunch or family dinner.
Tater tots are crispy and delicious. They are a very popular snack for adults and kids alike. However, most people thick tater tots are only for snacking. However, there is so much more you can do with this ingredient.
This casserole is a very convenient and creative recipe. It is quick and very heartwarming. You can easily make it any time of the day and enjoy it. Moreover, you can also make it in advance and store it for later use. This casserole is a perfect treat for everyone.
Tips for making Taco Tater Tot Casserole
Here are a few amazing tips you should keep in mind when making taco tater tot casseroles:
- You can use ground chicken or turkey for this recipe as well. Moreover, you can use leftover turkey or chicken roast as well.
- You can use Monterey Jack or mozzarella cheese for this recipe as well.
- You can add more vegetables like chopped carrots or bell pepper as well.
- Add marinara sauce to enhance the flavours and make this casserole more tasteful.
How to store Taco Tater Tot Casserole?
You can store the leftover casserole by covering it with plastic wrap and refrigerating it. It will last for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Reheat it in the oven and enjoy. Moreover, you can also freeze this casserole for up to a month. Reheat it in the oven to enjoy. It won’t get soggy.
Taco Tater Tot Casserole – the recipe
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 cups premade tater tots
- 1 cup corn kernels
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¾ cup nacho cheese soup
- 1 ¼ tbsp taco seasoning
- ¼ tsp red chilli flakes
- In a skillet, heat olive oil.
- Add lean ground beef and cook. Beak the ground meat down using a wooden spoon to ensure fast cooking.
- Once the meat starts to brown, add taco seasoning and mix well. Let it cook for about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Once the meat is cooked through, add corn kernels and canned nacho cheese soup. Let it simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Pour this mixture into a baking dish.
- Place tater tots by arranging them evenly on the ground beef and soup mixture.
- Place the baking dish in a preheated oven for about 30 minutes at 350-degree f.
- Take the baking dish out of the oven and sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese and red chilli flakes on top. Place it back in the oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese melts away and is bubbly.
- Once done, take the baking dish out of the oven and serve.