A great pan-fried vegetable dish that is a must!
- 1kg of carrots, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 2 large red onions cut into 4 wedges
- 1 fennel bulb cut into quarters
- 300g small potatoes (grisailles type) cut in 2
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon of chopped coriander seeds
- 1 pinch of chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon of chili pepper (called Hungarian chili)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 sprig of the whole mint
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Prepare the vegetables: wash, peel and cut up.
- Place the carrots and potatoes on a baking sheet in the oven and do the same for the onions and fennel separately: their cooking time is not the same.
- Remember to space out the vegetables, as this is important for ideal cooking.
- Sprinkle the vegetables with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the carrots for 25 minutes and the fennel with the onions for 40 minutes.
- Take the vegetables out and let them cool down.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan, gently roast the sunflower seeds with the chili, coriander seeds, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil for about 3 minutes.
- Do not let the spices burn.
- Turn off the heat and let cool.
- Mix with the vinegar and lemon: season this dressing with salt and pepper.
- Mix carrots, fennel, onions, potatoes and sprinkle with the vinaigrette, mixing well and scattering sprigs of mint.
- This side dish can be eaten cold or warm.