We bet you can’t say “butter Biscuits” five times fast. These tender, flaky Biscuits will be gone in no time.
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine (firm)
- 2 1/2 cups Original BisquickTM mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- Butter or margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 230°C (450°F).
- Cut butter into 0.6 cm (1/4 in) pieces. Mix the BisquickTM mixture and the butter pieces with a fork to coat them well. Add milk; stir until milk is absorbed (do not overmix).
- Turn dough out onto a surface sprinkled with BisquickTM mix. Knead five times. Flatten the dough to a thickness of 1.25 cm (1/2″). Cut dough with a 7.5″ (3″) cookie cutter. Place dough on an ungreased cookie sheet, letting edges touch for soft edges or spacing them 2 inches apart for crispier edges.
- Bake for about 9 minutes or until golden brown. Brush top with melted butter.
- For softer Biscuits, knead the dough only five times. This is enough to make the dough smoother and well coated, so it is no longer sticky.
- Don’t like to knead the dough? Prepare these Biscuits by reducing the BisquickTM mixture to 560 mL (2 1/4 cups) and omitting the kneading step. Drop heaping spoonfuls of dough onto a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes. You will have ten Biscuits.