The banana split is a trendy dessert in which a banana split in half is served with scoops of chocolate and vanilla flavored ice cream. In addition, strawberries, cherries, chocolate sauce, chopped nuts, and whipped cream are usually added. This time, at Jeviko.com, we will show you how to prepare a cold cake inspired by the ingredients and flavors of this delicious dessert, so don’t think twice and read on to discover how to make a banana split cake step by step. You can make it either to serve at a party with friends or offer your family an incredible fruit tart any day of the week.
For the base of the cake:
- 170 grams of Maria Cookies
- 90 grams of butter
For the filling:
- 300 grams of Dulce de leche
- 200 grams of Banana
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 7 grams of unflavored gelatin
- 35 milliliters of water
- 250 milliliters of Milk Cream (1¼ cups)
- 60 grams of Sugar
- One teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 50 grams of cream cheese or Philadelphia
- 100 grams of Banana
- 50 grams of chopped walnuts
- 150 grams of whipped cream
- 100 milliliters of Chocolate Sauce
- 200 grams of Strawberries
- 100 grams of Cherries
- 100 grams of Dulce de leche
- We will start preparing our banana split cake by listing and weighing all the ingredients we will need.
- The first step to prepare this cold cake will be to mix one teaspoon of greeting with 35 milliliters of hot water (this amount is equivalent to approximately two tablespoons of water). Mix vigorously until the greeting is completely dissolved.
- For the banana cake base: crush the cookies and mix them with the melted butter in a previously greased cake pan. This is the same procedure as other cookie-based desserts, such as mosaic jelly cake.
- Compact the cake base well with the help of a spoon or glass and allow it to cool.
- For the filling: with a mixer or balloon, mix the whipping cream with the vanilla extract and sugar until peaks form. As if you were trying to make whipped cream.
- Separately, mash the bananas together with the lemon juice. The idea is to obtain a banana puree to fill the fruit tart better.
- Melt the previously hydrated greeting in the microwave for 15-second intervals, stirring now and then to prevent it from burning.
- Add the melted gelatin to the mashed bananas and integrate these ingredients well.
- Add a few spoonfuls of whipped cream to the puree to equalize the densities and integrate gently.
- Then, mix both preparations with wrapping movements, avoiding losing the consistency of the cream.
- To assemble the banana split cake: mix the dulce de leche with the cream cheese until a soft and smooth consistency is obtained. Cover the bottom of the cake with a layer of the dulce de leche mixture and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the strawberries and bananas reserved for decorating into thin slices.
- Remove the cake from the refrigerator and cover the dulce de leche layer with a layer of strawberry slices.
- Pour the cream over the layer of strawberries and let the fruit tart stand in the refrigerator until it solidifies completely (about 1 hour).
- Decorate with thinly sliced bananas just before serving because if you do this step in advance, the bananas will oxidize and turn dark.
- Don’t forget to add whipped cream around the edge of the cake, and finish decorating the cake with chopped nuts and berries. If you wish, you can also add chocolate sauce to make your dessert look like a banana split.
- We hope you enjoy this banana split ice cream cake recipe, and if you have any questions, opinions, or think we could improve it, please write us your comments.