This delicious lemon meringue pie is a beautiful and quick option to enjoy a dessert with unparalleled flavor with family and friends. In addition, it does not require a large number of ingredients or endless hours in the kitchen. Undoubtedly, a great alternative to enjoy on any occasion. The citrus flavor is an excellent combination with the meringue. Regarding the base, if you do not want to cook the shortcrust pastry at home, you can buy it already made.
Lemon, the star ingredient of this recipe, is one of the foods that should not be missing in people’s regular diet. The main reason is that lemon is rich in vitamins, especially vitamin C, which translates into numerous health benefits in general. Specifically, regular consumption of lemon helps strengthen the immune system, promotes the absorption of iron, protects the body’s cells, purifies the body while hydrating it, improves mood, and possesses antioxidant properties.
- 3 large lemons
- 200 grams of white sugar
- 125 grams of salted butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 shortcrust pastry
Ingredients for the meringue:
- 100 grams of powdered sugar
- 4 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Place onion paper or baking paper on the base of the tart pan. Then, roll out the shortcrust pastry evenly on the plate and prick it on all sides with the help of a fork or knife.
- Place another layer of baking paper on the dough and place dry legumes on top to make weight and prevent the dough from swelling—Bake in a hot oven for 15 minutes.
- After this time, remove the pie from the oven, remove the vegetables and the top layer of onion paper. Set aside.
- Put a pan over middle heat and merge the butter.
- Separately, squeeze the juice of the three lemons.
- In a bowl, mix the 200 grams of sugar with the juice of the lemons. Add the eggs one at a time and mix.
- Add the melted butter to the bowl and mix very well to integrate with the rest of the ingredients.
- Place the previous mixture in a saucepan and bring to medium heat, stirring all the time until it thickens and acquires a cream-like texture.
- Remove from the heat when the mixture acquires the previous texture and pour over the shortcrust pastry—Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the meringue. To do this, place the egg whites in a bowl, add a pinch of salt and whip them until stiff. Add the powdered sugar while beating the mixture until a firm and very white consistency is obtained.
- After 25 minutes, remove the cake and spread the egg whites to stiff peaks with the help of a spoon. While doing this step, switch the oven function to broil.
- Return the cake to the oven for a few minutes until the meringue is golden brown. Remove and wait for it to cool a little before serving.
- The simple lemon meringue pie is a speedy way to spoil your loved ones with a delicious dessert, with a soft flavor and a texture that melts in your mouth. Cheer up and surprise your family and friends with this magnificent recipe.