My ultra-easy homemade pie recipe, thin and caramelized homemade dough, melting apples (generous filling), few ingredients… We’re not looking for visual perfection with this pie – although in the end, it’s hot, it looks rustic), so no stress. There is no need for a pie pan, just a baking sheet for the oven, some baking paper, and we shape the pie by hand, fold the edges over the apples, and most importantly, my tip… we brush a concrete mixture on the apples the pastry before baking.
- 250 g of flour
- 100 g of cold butter
- 1 pinch of fleur de sel
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 50 ml cold water
- 50 g melted butter
- 5 tbsp. brown sugar or vergeoise
- 1 tsp. coffee cinnamon powder
- 5 golden apples
- Prepare the homemade pie dough: by hand or in a food processor, mix the flour, salt, cold butter, sugar.
- Then add cold water gradually until the ball forms.
- Put the dough in a cool place for 15 to 30 minutes while you prepare the apples.
- Skin the apples and slice them into thin strips.
- Roll out the dough between two sheets of baking paper with a rolling pin, sprinkle brown sugar over the dough
- Put the apples on top of the dough, leaving 5 cm of dough around them, which you fold over the apples.
- Prepare the mixture to brush: melted butter, cinnamon, and sugar, then with a brush, put on the pie and the edges of the dough.
- Bake at 180°C for 45 minutes. Don’t hesitate to pierce the pastry so that the juice from the apples can flow out a little if necessary and caramelize the pie.