Spaghetti with shrimp, a delicious and slightly spicy recipe that combines this seafood with garlic, a little chili pepper, and tomato. In another article, we made spaghetti with clams. Today with shrimp.
Pasta is made with flour, water, salt, and eggs. In Europe, the most common pasta is wheat pasta. In other places like China or Japan, pasta is made with rice flour. Precisely in China is where this food arose thousands of years ago.
The studies realized by archaeologists point out that a form of rudimentary pasta was already cooked 5000 years ago B.C. in China. B.C. in China. Although it is believed that it was Marco Polo, on his travels in the East at the end of the 13th century, who brought pasta to Italy. The sure thing is that the Etruscans were a people that lived in the zone of the Toscana in Italy 400 years to. C already prepared this food. So it is likely that the taste for pasta in Italy came through the Etruscans.
- 450 g of spaghetti
- 300 g of shrimps (they can be frozen)
- A chili pepper
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 150 g dried tomato
- 250 g fried tomato
- 2 tablespoons of parsley
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- First, we go with the shrimp; if they are frozen, we will do this to prepare them for the recipe: we prepare a saucepan with water and a little salt and bay leaf. When the water is hot, we put the frozen shrimps and wait for the water to boil again. Turn off the heat and leave the shrimp for two minutes. Then drain.
- The time depends on the size, but it ranges between 4/6 minutes. Do not throw away the water from cooking the shrimp. Reserve and let the shrimp rest for a couple of minutes. If the shrimps are fresh, drain them under the tap for a few seconds, and then they are ready for the recipe.
- Take advantage of the shrimp cooking water, adding a little more until you have a liter to cook the spaghetti. The time according to what the manufacturer recommends. Meanwhile, we laminate the garlic and the chili, prepare a frying pan with virgin oil and fry the garlic together with the chili for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the tomato sauce, the dried tomato, parsley, pepper, and salt. Stir and then add the shrimps’ Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat. Then turn off the heat and let it rest. When the pasta has finished cooking, drain it well and add it to the pot or container where we have the rest. Mix with the sauce and the shrimps, adjust the salt if necessary and serve.