The “recipe” (if it can be called a recipe because it’s relatively simple) I bring you today is perfect for summer. Now that bbq season is here; you’ll need a fresh and delicious dessert that it’s not too heavy after all that meat (or whatever you want to grill).
The honey-lemon dressing added a sweet and tangy touch to all that fresh fruit. And what about the watermelon bowl? Isn’t it a super cute serving idea???
This salad was a definite hit in our last bbq. We served it with homemade lemon frozen yogurt (recipe coming soon!), and they were both a match made in heaven: fresh, cool and tangy… Everybody had seconds (I even had thirds!!).
So guys, pick the freshest fruit you can get your hands on: ripe, sweet fruit makes a difference and takes this salad over the top. Make this for your next summer party; everyone will love it!!!
- Half a watermelon
- Half a Chinese melon (or honeydew)
- 3 kiwi fruits
- 1 cup cherries
- You may use the fruit of your choice; the honey-lemon dressing goes perfectly with everything.
For the dressing:
- 90 ml. lemon juice
- 2-3 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. limoncello (if you’re serving this to children, sub more lemon juice)
- For the dressing, toss all of the ingredients into a bowl and stir until honey is dissolved.
- Scoop the flesh out the watermelon and melon. Peel and chop kiwifruits and pit your cherries if desired. Fill the watermelon bowl with diced fruit and drizzle the honey-lemon dressing on top.
- That was all; I hope you give the honey-lemon dressing ago; when you try it, you won’t be able to stop adding it to everything. It is also perfect for greek yogurt, pancakes, waffles, savory salads, etc.…