Get ready to impress and delight your guests with these mouthwatering Cucumber Bites with Herbs Cream Cheese and Cherry Tomatoes! This simple yet scintillating appetizer takes crunchy fresh cucumber slices and elevates them into a mini masterpiece. Each cucumber round is topped with a heavenly blend of smooth and creamy cheese mixed with lemon juice, garlic, and fresh dill, chives, and parsley. The lemon brightens up the creaminess of the cheese while the herbs provide a delightful pop of fresh green flavor in every bite. Dotting the top of each cucumber are sweet cherry tomatoes that add delightful bursts of juiciness and beautiful pops of color.
These easy-to-make Cucumber Bites offer the perfect balance of cool cucumber crunch, rich and tangy creaminess from the herbed cream cheese, and sweet tomato jewels. Not only do they look absolutely stunning on a platter, they also make a fabulous make-ahead appetizer. Simply assemble the Cucumber Bites, cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve! That means no hassle or stress when your guests arrive.
When you want an appetizer that impresses with both taste and beauty, nothing compares to these Cucumber Bites with Herbs Cream Cheese and Cherry Tomatoes. One bite will have your guests’ eyes lighting up in delight! The fresh and lively flavors make this simple recipe utterly addictive. Though they look gourmet, these Cucumber Bites come together in minutes with just a few everyday ingredients. Your friends and family will be begging you to make them again and again. Elegant, easy, and irresistibly delicious – this recipe has it all!
Are there any variations I can try?
Feel free to experiment with different herbs or add a sprinkle of paprika for a kick.
Is this recipe kid-friendly?
Kids love the fun size and the creamy, crunchy texture.
Can I use low-fat cream cheese?
Definitely! It works well and keeps the bites lighter.
What’s the best way to serve these bites?
Arrange them beautifully on a platter, perhaps with some fresh herbs for decoration.
How long do these bites stay fresh?
They’re best enjoyed within a few hours of assembling.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes (No cooking required)
Total Time: 15 minutes
- Cherry tomatoes: 12, halved
- Lemon zest: 1 teaspoon
- Fresh dill: 2 tablespoons, finely chopped
- Fresh chives: 2 tablespoons, finely chopped
- Garlic powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt and ground black pepper: to taste
- Cream cheese: 8 oz, softened
- cucumber: 1 large, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- To begin, thoroughly rinse 12 cherry tomatoes under cool running water. Carefully slice the tomatoes in half width-wise using a sharp knife. Place the halved cherry tomatoes cut-side up on a clean plate and set them aside until ready to use later.
- Next, zest 1 lemon, focusing on only the bright yellow portion of the skin. Avoid including any of the bitter white pith. Use short motions and a Microplane or other fine grater to extract approximately 1 teaspoon of fine, fluffy lemon zest. Transfer the zest to a small bowl and set aside.
- Then, finely chop 2 tablespoons of fresh dill leaves. Stack the leaves, roll them tightly, and slice thinly before chopping into tiny pieces. Repeat this process with 2 tablespoons of fresh chives. Keep the dill and chives separate as you chop them. Place each herb into its own small bowl and set aside.
- In another small bowl, combine 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder with a pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Use your fingers to thoroughly blend the spices together. Set aside this seasoned salt mixture.
- Soften an 8 ounce block of cream cheese either by letting it sit at room temperature for 1-2 hours until smooth and spreadable, or by microwaving it for 15-30 seconds until just warm enough to stir easily. Place the softened cream cheese into a medium mixing bowl.
- Thoroughly wash 1 large English cucumber under cool running water to remove any dirt or debris. Pat the cucumber completely dry with paper towels. Trim off approximately 1/4 inch from both ends. Using a sharp knife, carefully slice the cucumber lengthwise into 1/4 inch thick rounds.
- Gently fold the lemon zest and the chopped dill and chives into the cream cheese until fully incorporated and evenly distributed throughout. Next, add the garlic powder seasoned salt mixture and gently fold again just until blended in.
- Evenly spread the herb cream cheese mixture onto each cucumber slice, using about 1-2 teaspoons per round. Place a cherry tomato half cut-side up atop each cream cheese-topped cucumber round.
- Transfer the finished appetizers to a serving platter or tray. Serve immediately for a refreshingly flavorful treat, or cover and refrigerate until ready to enjoy.
- Opt for English cucumbers as they have thinner skin and fewer seeds.
- Feel free to experiment with other fresh herbs like basil or parsley.
- You can substitute cream cheese with goat cheese or a herbed soft cheese for a different flavor profile.
- For an extra crunch, consider adding a small piece of toasted bread or a cracker under the cream cheese.
- Assemble the bites a few hours in advance and keep them refrigerated until serving.
- Garnish with additional herbs or a sprinkle of paprika for an extra touch.