Welcome, dear friends, to another scrumptious journey on our blog, “Life with Jeviko”. Today, I’m thrilled to share a heartwarming recipe, perfect for cozy nights in, that brings the homely comfort of chicken noodle soup into a hands-off, convenient form. Imagine mouthwatering, succulent chicken mingling with perfectly cooked noodles, all swimming in a luscious, flavorful broth. Now, imagine achieving this culinary feat effortlessly using your faithful crockpot. Intrigued? Let’s dive in!
My affection for crockpot dishes is no secret, and the reason is simple – these dishes are the culinary embodiment of convenience and wholesomeness. Imagine coming home after a long day to find a tasty, home-cooked meal waiting for you. Heavenly, right? That’s the magic of slow cooking, and our Chicken and Noodles Crockpot recipe encapsulates this perfectly. Whether you’re feeling under the weather or simply yearn for some comfort food, this dish won’t disappoint.
A question I often encounter is, “How can I achieve a thick texture with chicken and noodles in the crockpot?” To this, my secret is creating a roux-like mixture of 1/2 cup flour and 1/2 cup chicken broth. This little hack ensures your soup has just the right level of heartiness, making every spoonful an indulgent experience.
As for the noodles, the beauty of the crockpot is its simplicity. Just toss in the uncooked, frozen egg noodles straight into the pot – no pre-cooking needed. I find that frozen noodles soak up the rich flavors of the broth, creating a taste sensation far superior to pre-boiled noodles.
Keep in mind that achieving the perfect noodle texture depends on the correct ratio of ingredients and precise cooking times. Overcrowding your crockpot or using pre-cooked noodles can result in a mushy outcome, which we want to avoid. As for the chicken, it generally takes around four hours to cook in the crockpot to a safe internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Remember, patience is key with slow cooking!
Now, let’s get down to our Chicken and Noodles Crockpot recipe, lovingly perfected for you and your family’s satisfaction.
- 2 cans of cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter
- 1 pack of frozen egg noodles
- 1 chicken breast (you can use fresh, frozen, or any leftovers you have)
- 2 cans of chicken broth
- First, combine the chicken, chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, and butter in your crockpot. Cook this on a slow setting. Once the chicken is fully cooked, shred it directly in the crockpot. This step infuses the broth with even more delicious chicken flavor, giving the dish its irresistible depth.
- Stir in the frozen egg noodles and continue cooking for approximately two hours. Stir the mixture occasionally to ensure the noodles cook evenly and absorb the rich broth.
- Patience is Key: Slow cook the chicken in the crockpot for about four hours or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Slow cooking ensures tender, juicy chicken.
- Thicken the Broth: Mix 1/2 cup of flour with 1/2 cup of chicken broth and add to the crockpot. This helps achieve a thicker, more satisfying soup consistency.
- Use Frozen Noodles: Directly add frozen egg noodles into the crockpot without pre-cooking. They absorb the broth better and prevent a mushy texture.
- Shred Chicken in the Crockpot: Shredding the chicken right in the pot allows it to infuse its flavors more deeply into the soup.
- Occasional Stirring: Stir the mixture occasionally after adding the noodles. This ensures the noodles cook evenly and soak up the broth well.
- Hot and Ready: Serve the dish hot right out of the crockpot for maximum flavor and comfort.