Bread pudding with vanilla sauce is a traditional yet delicious dessert you can enjoy! You can serve it both hot and cold, and they taste so delicious. This dessert is quick to make and is a good choice for brunch, tea parties, and holiday dinners. Try this amazing bread pudding recipe with vanilla sauce at home, and I am sure you will love it!
Tips to remember
Keep a few things in mind when making is traditional bread pudding:
- You can use any type of bread you like. Although white bread is the ideal choice, you can go for whole wheat bread as well.
- Make sure you don’t use fresh bread for this pudding. That’s because fresh bread is very soft and soaks up the liquid pretty fast. As a result, the pudding can turn up dry and mushy. Using a day’s old or stale bread will retain its texture and body giving you the right consistency of the pudding.
- Although this pudding tastes delicious with vanilla sauce, you can also serve it with caramel sauce or chocolate sauce.
- Add raisins, dried mulberries, or nuts to give this pudding a unique texture.
How to store bread pudding with vanilla sauce?
You can store the leftover bread pudding by placing it in an airtight container. It will last for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. Moreover, you can also store the vanilla sauce so that you can use it later. It will last for up to 2 days in the refrigerator.
Bread Pudding with Vanilla Sauce: The recipe
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 8 slices white or French bread
- 2 cups milk
- 2 whole eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla extracts
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- For the vanilla sauce:
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup half and half
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Cut the bread slices into equal-sized cubes and place them in a greased baking pan.
- Crack eggs, pour milk and add sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla extracts in a large bowl. Whisk until everything is well combined and the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour this mixture over the bread pieces so that they are soaked in the mixture.
- Place this baking tray in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for about 45 minutes or until the top gets a nice color.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, pour half-and-half, and add sugar and butter.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and let it come to a simmer. Stir occasionally and cook for about 7 minutes or until the mixture starts to thicken up.
- Once it thickens up, remove it from the heat and add vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Take the bread pudding out of the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- To serve, scoop bread pudding onto the serving plate and top it with vanilla sauce.